Friday, September 19, 2008

Unlucky Ike Victims in Nacogdoches






I drove around one of the harder hit neighborhoods on Thursday (6 days afterwards). They still had lots of clean up and repairs to do. Some people are going to take a little bit more to get back to normal. It really made me realize how blessed we were to only lose 1 tree and to have it fall away from the house. Sunday the day afterwards while everyone was cleaning up their yard we had people from all over the neighborhood coming to help each other and work together. We were even brought some Cajun food from a neighbor and I had Gumbo and a crawfish dish for the first time. They were a bit spicy for me but John really liked them. One thing I realized about "waiting out" a storm is: the storm itself can be handled, it is dealing with lose of power, businesses closed, resources not avaliable that make it so hard. You truly need to be self contained to be on your own for a few days.

0 comments: