Friday, September 19, 2008

Storms bring out the fire ants!!!!!





I noticed Sunday while cleaning there seemed to be lots of fire ant hills popping up after the storm. Monday while in Houston I accidently stood on one that was buried in the grass and got a couple bites. Wednesday while playing outside Claire stood on a hill and had ants crawling up her long pants. Abby and our neighbor tried to get the off her but she still had some on her when she came screaming in to the house. I stripped her down and got her in the tub but she still got over 50 bites. The bites swelled up fast. The next day they turn into white head looking things. Claire's poor foot looks so painful. It is best to "pop" them and get the white out so they heal faster but Claire won't let me touch them other than putting anti-itch cream on them. she is tough and doesn't complain unless I ask to "get the poison" out.

1 comments:

Misty said...

Oh, poor thing! That looks terrible!!!