Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Claire is bringing back the mullet!!!!



Monday Claire was making cards for her brother's birthday and his friend Toby. A little bit later when I was making lunch for her I noticed she looked different so I got down by her and noticed her hair had been cut. When I asked her if she cut her hair she told me she did it on Saturday. It got me thinking "Did I reallly not notice this for two days?" then I remembered doing her hair for church Sunday and it was all there. So I asked her "where did you put the hair?" She told me the garbage can but Sunday night I empty all the trash for trash day on Monday and I didn't see any hair when I did that so then I had her show me where she threw it away and sure enough the hall bathroom garbage had a big pile of her hair in it. I was not happy and she got punished. We recently cut her hair about 8" to clean up the ends and get it similar to her sister's, Abby like she wanted it. She is known to "take matters into her own hands" so I thought doing this would prevent her from cutting her own hair. I tell my kids all the time we only cut paper. I am not sure why this child has decided to do this TWICE. I now have to decide do I leave it goofy looking as it grows out or do I get her a short hair cut??? It is pretty short by her ear so she would have really short hair to correct this. Any advice would be appreciated!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Chop it off. Like a pixie cut :)She is cute and can totally carry it off :) Carson used to cut his hair at the root. It scared me because I just knew one of those times there would be scalp!

Even Better Than the Real Thing said...

I love the haircut. Why kids do this I will never understand.

Misty said...

Brynli is my hair-cutting queen. She's cut hers at least twice (once no more than an inch from the scalp, and ON TOP of her head!) It furiates me to no end, but what do you do? I've tried hiding all the scissors, but if she wants them, she'll find them. I didn't have the heart to cut hers, and just delt with it until it grew out enough to start putting in ponytails again. But I agree with Tina, I think Claire would look super cute with a short cut!