Monday, May 5, 2008

My good idea gone bad....



Claire had an ingrown toe nail that was getting red and infected looking. I had made an appointment for her at the Dr. (who happens to live across the street from us) but the night before the appt. we saw the Dr in the yard and she came over to see why we were coming in the next day. She took a look at Claire's toe and told me what to do and to cancel the appt and only come in if it gets worse. I was told to soak her foot in warm water and let the nail work its way out while the skin is soft. I was trying to think of a way to keep a 3 yr old sitting with her foot soaking without me right there the whole time so I could get the other 3 kids ready for bed. My idea was crayola markers on the mirror. She likes to color and markers won't hurt the mirror, right? I got Claire set up and went to work getting the others ready to for bed. After I was done I went to help Claire and this is what I found!!! I couldn't even be mad because I was the one who gave her the markers. They are usually put way up in my closet because of Claire's other coloring "adventures". John looked on the bright side and said was ready for a Chargers game!!! I guess an unattended 3 yr old with markers is NEVER a good idea. Claire was pretty proud of herself too as you can tell from her BIG smile.

0 comments: