Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fishing at the ponds
















The weather has been great lately to go down and fish in the evenings. John and the girls go down often. I come down with Harrison to feed the ducks. Our friend, the builder has planted some bass and catfish in the ponds so it is fun to try and catch those. John and Emily each caught a catfish on the last trip down. Emily's was the length of he mid leg. She was very proud and told everyone about it. She has even got brave enough to get the perch off her own hook when she catches those. Too bad Papa wasn't here because he would have been proud of her new fishing skills. I had gone home for the night so we didn't get a picture of the catfish but maybe next time. Claire likes to catch the perch and has fun doing that with her own little pole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see the girls like to fish. Tell John to keep some of the fish for bait and I will be there to check things out. Great to see Harrison dance to the music. He is looking more like a little boy each time. We really enjoy your Blog and hope to have ours up and running next week. Have pictures of Missionaries and Military Personnel we are working with. Good job Emily in catching the catfish. Love PAPA.

Angela said...

Emily is very much brave! I've caught one fish in my life, and didn't want to touch it at all. My friend took it off, and she made me release it back. (I mean, that was when I was in 8th grade - 1997)